A.A. in Theatre Arts
This degree is a fundamental exploration in the area of theatre arts, highlighting acting, technical theatre / design, theatre history and play analysis.
Students receiving this degree must meet the following requirements:
- Complete the District General Education Pattern, CSUGE or IGETC.
If transferring to a CSU or UC students are strongly recommended to complete the CSUGE or IGETC General Education Patterns. Students looking to transfer to an out of state or private college should consult with a counselor for the appropriate GE pattern selection.
- Complete with a “C” or better each course as specified by the major.
- Maintain an overall GPA of a 2.0 or better in all degree applicable coursework.
- Meet the local area requirement of Kinesiology/Dance.
|THEA 101||Introduction to Theatre Arts||3|
|THEA 120||Introduction to Tech for Theatre, TV and Film||3|
|THEA 201||Stage Acting I - Beginning||3|
|Select one (1) of the following play performance courses:|
|Rehearsal and Performance in Production||3|
|Theatre Practicum/Special Projects I - Physical Life||3|
|Theatre Practicum/Special Projects II - Storytelling||3|
|Theatre for Young Audiences- Beginning||3|
|Shakespeare in Production||3|
|Select one (1) of the following play analysis courses:|
|The Art of the Theatre||3|
|Stage and Screenwriting - Beginning||3|
|Fundamentals of Stage Direction - Beginning||3|
|Select one (1) of the following elective courses:|
|Introduction to Theatrical Scenery||3|
|Introduction to Lighting for Theatre, Television and Film||3.5|
|Stage Acting II - Intermediate||3|
|Stage Acting III - Intermediate/Advanced||3.5|
|Stage Acting IV - Advanced||3.5|
|Camera Acting I - Beginning||3.5|
|Camera Acting II - Intermediate||3.5|
|Camera Acting III - Intermediate/Advanced||3.5|
|Camera Acting IV - Advanced||3.5|
|Stage and Project Management for Theatre, TV and Film||3|
|Introduction to Production Management||3|
|Introduction to Production Management Practicum||3|
|Advanced Production Management Practicum||3|
|Special Techniques in Acting - Beginning||3|
A.A. Degree Level Student Learning Outcomes
Students completing the Theatre Arts A.A. Degree will:
- Demonstrate a fundamental knowledge in core theatre elements, including acting, technical theatre, and theatre history.
- Demonstrate acting techniques in a performance setting.
- Exhibit fundamental knowledge of play structure and analysis.
- Explore various options in theatre doctrine to enhance the student’s area of interest.