A.A. in Dance
This degree provides students with a foundational dance background, encompassing a strong emphasis in various dance techniques as well as history, basic kinesiology and performance practicum.
Students receiving this degree must meet the following requirements:
- Complete the District General Education Pattern, CSUGE or IGETC.
If transferring to a CSU or UC students are strongly recommended to complete the CSUGE or IGETC General Education Patterns. Students looking to transfer to an out of state or private college should consult with a counselor for the appropriate GE pattern selection.
- Complete with a “C” or better each course as specified by the major.
- Maintain an overall GPA of a 2.0 or better in all degree applicable coursework.
- Meet the local area requirement of Kinesiology/Dance.
Note that all courses listed must be successfully completed.
|DANC 158||Beginning Hip-Hop Dance Techniques||1|
|DANC 159||Beginning Tap||1|
|DANC 160||Jazz Dance Techniques||1|
|DANC 161||Beginning Modern Dance||1|
|DANC 162||Beginning Ballet||1|
|DANC 259||Intermediate Tap I||1|
|DANC 260||Intermediate Jazz Dance I||1|
|DANC 262||Intermediate Ballet I||1|
|DANC 270||Intermediate Jazz Dance II||1|
|DANC 272||Intermediate Ballet II||1|
|DANC 102||History of Dance||3|
|DANC 130||Alignment and Correctives||2|
|DANC 289||Dance Concert Production||3|
A.A. Degree Level Student Learning Outcomes
Students completing the Dance A.A. Degree will:
- Demonstrate a functional knowledge of ballet, tap, jazz and modern dance techniques through the beginning and intermediate level.
- Exhibit perspective on historical and stylistic components of dance.
- Display basic proficiency in kinesiology as applied to alignment and corrective gait analysis.
- Demonstrate competency in dance performance skills and ability.