Certificate in Biomanufacturing
Biomanufacturing is a diverse industry merging large-scale manufacturing practices with biotechnology applications. Companies in this growing sector manufacture a variety of products, such as therapeutics, clinical diagnostic tests, food and beverages, dietary supplements, and biofuels. The Biomanufacturing Certificate of Achievement at Citrus College prepares students for in-demand entry-level positions in the local biomanufacturing industry. Upon completion of the program, students will be prepared to seek employment as biological technicians, manufacturing production technicians, quality control technicians, and environmental monitoring technicians. Students gain conceptual knowledge of biotechnology and its regulation, as well as extensive hands-on laboratory experience with industry-standard tools and equipment. The program also emphasizes workforce readiness, including resume writing and job interview skills.
|BIOT 107||Biotechnology: Transforming Society Through Biology||3-4|
|or BIOT 108||Intro to Biotechnology: Real World Biology Applications|
|BIOT 110||Biotechnology I: Basic Lab Skills and Documentation||5|
|BIOT 125||Quality and Regulatory Practices in Biotechnology||3|
|BIOT 150||Biotechnology II: Biomanufacturing and Quality Principles||4|
|MATH 144||Technical Mathematics 1||5|
|or MATH 150||Intermediate Algebra|
MATH 150 is degree applicable with or without MATH 050. If taken with MATH 050, only the units for MATH 150 will be counted towards the degree.
Certificate of Achievement Level Student Learning Outcomes
- Calibrate and safely operate standard equipment and instrumentation utilized in the biomanufacturing industry.
- Document laboratory activities, experimental data, and manufacturing procedures following Good Documentation Practices (GDP) used in the biomanufacturing industry.
- Explain the significance of and demonstrate proficiency in aseptic technique for maintaining product integrity in a biomanufacturing setting.
- Prepare a variety of chemical solutions necessary for the biomanufacturing process and quality testing.
- Prepare for a job interview and generate a resume appropriate for entry-level positions in the biomanufacturing industry.
- Describe the principles of Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and perform tasks in accordance with these standards and established safety procedures.