A.S. in Digital and Web Design
This program prepares students for employment in digital design careers. The integration of traditional art/design and digital media prepares students for employment opportunities in the areas of advertising, multi-media and marketing graphics. This certificate is intended to lead to employment in various professions within the computer graphics and digital web design industry.
This degree requires meeting the Citrus College General Education and proficiency requirements combined with successful completion (grades of “C” and above) of the following major requirements:
|ART 111||Beginning Drawing||3|
|ART 120||Two-Dimensional Design||3|
|ART 150||Computer Art Basics||3|
|ART 162||Computer Graphics I||3|
|ART 167||Web Design I||3|
|ART 189||Art Portfolio and Resume Production||3|
|Select two (2) of the following courses:|
|Digital Media Productions I||3|
|Commercial Graphic Design||3|
|Digital Media Production II||3|
|Web Design II||3|
A.S. Degree Level Student Learning Outcomes
Students completing the Digital and Web Design A.S. Degree will:
- Demonstrate knowledge of computer operating systems.
- Demonstrate knowledge of digital file formats.
- Demonstrate knowledge of web page layout and build fundamentally sound web pages and sites.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of basic HTML.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of basic Photoshop techniques.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of basic Illustrator techniques.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of basic Dreamweaver techniques.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of basic InDesign and Quark techniques.
- Develop and build a comprehensive portfolio representing the body of work completed in the program.