Certificate in Audio Recording Technology
This one-year audio recording program provides instruction in the basics of how to engineer any kind of music, from hip-hop to classical to movie scenes. This certificate is intended to lead to employment in various professions such as audio engineer, sound designer, recording technician, and sound editor within the audio recording technology industry.
|REC 105||Fundamentals of Audio Technology||4|
|REC 115||Recording Studio Workshop I||4|
|REC 125||Digital Audio Technology I||3|
|REC 135||Live Sound Reinforcement||4|
|REC 145||Critical Listening Skills for Engineers||3|
|REC 205||Advanced Audio Technology||4|
|REC 215||Recording Studio Workshop II||4|
|REC 225||Digital Audio Technology II||4|
|REC 235||Acoustics for Engineers||3|
|REC 245||Music Business/ Audio Careers||3|
Certificate of Achievement Level Student Learning Outcomes
Students completing the Audio Recording Technology Certificate of Achievement will:
- Communicate effectively using proper vocabulary in written and verbal form to facilitate the technical and creative outcomes of a product.
- Apply acoustic concepts and mathematical formulas to demonstrate understanding of wave theory, room acoustics, materials, and microphone and speaker placement.
- Demonstrate understanding of the fundamental principles of audio through developing critical thinking, decision-making and problem solving skills by applying them to the studio, post-production and live sound environments.
- Develop interpersonal skills, empathy, and respect for others by completing team projects in order to gain key skills expected of professionals in the field.
- Demonstrate advanced computer competency by completing production assignments utilizing software- based production and editing systems.
- Understand the technical, creative and interpersonal skills required by the entertainment industry through demonstrating thorough knowledge of digital audio workstations and all audio hardware as appropriate to each course.