ADT in Business Administration
Business is the study of the practices and products of commerce.
The Associate in Science in Business Administration for Transfer (AS-T) provides lower division preparation for students planning to transfer into business or business administration programs. Students will take courses in business as well as related fields required for business majors. This degree can lead students into several areas of concentration at four-year universities, including the following: business management, business law, marketing, finance, business ethics, and business communications.
Students receiving this transfer degree must meet the following requirements:
- Completion of 60 semester units or 90 quarter units that are eligible for transfer to the California State University, including both of the following:
- The Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) or the California State University General Education - Breadth Requirements.
- A minimum of 18 semester units or 27 quarter units in a major or area of emphasis, as determined by the community college district.
- Obtainment of a minimum grade point average of 2.0.
ADTs also require that students must earn a "C" (or "P") or better in all courses required for the major or area of emphasis.
|ACCT 101||Financial Accounting||4|
|ACCT 102||Managerial Accounting||4|
|BUS 160||Business Law and the Legal Environment I||3|
|ECON 101||Principles of Macroeconomics||3|
|or ECON 101H||Principles of Macroeconomics - Honors|
|ECON 102||Principles of Microeconomics||3|
|Select one (1) of the following courses:|
|Calculus for Business and Social Sciences 1||4|
|Introductory Statistics 2||4|
|Select two (2) of the following courses:|
The math course not chosen above
|Introduction to Business||3|
|Microcomputer Applications I||4|
MATH 162 is degree applicable with or without MATH 062. If taken with MATH 062, only the units for MATH 162 will be counted towards the degree.
MATH 165 is degree applicable with or without MATH 065. If taken with MATH 065, only the units for MATH 165 will be counted towards the degree.
A.S.-Transfer Degree Level Student Learning Outcomes
Students completing the Business Administration A.S.-Transfer Degree will:
- Effectively communicate within business organizations.
- Critically analyze business issues.
- Understand the functions of business management and their impact on organizational performance.
- Understand the environments that impact on organizational growth.